Are you looking for 10 Lines on Guwahati ? We have provided a depth of information for students in three categories students according to their comprehension levels. We have provided the important information regarding Guwahati in a simple and easy to comprehend way that will aid you in remembering it. Just have a look at it; you’ll find a wealth of information regarding lines on Guwahati. Guwahati is famous Indian city in the state of Assam.
10 Lines On Guwahati In English For Children And Students
Guwahati is also known as the City of Temples and the Gateway to North East India. The Shillong Plateau is where Guwahati is located.
Pragjyotishpura, which means “east light,” was the city’s previous name. Guwahati, which became one of India’s most developing cities after independence, is also regarded one of the country’s smart cities. The people of Guwahati are incredibly artistic, and they like and celebrate all of the festivals. There are numerous fairs in Guwahati, including the Ambubachi Mela, Durga Puja, and Bihu, which is one of the most important festivals. Guwahati also has the facility of cricket stadium. Let’s read more about it.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Guwahati for the Kids
- Guwahati is the well-known Indian city situated in Assam state.
- It is the capital city of Assam state.
- The Guwahati city covers around 216 km² area of Assam state.
- The elevation of city from sea level is from 49.5 m to 50.5 m.
- The city Guwahati has population density of around 2695.43 per sq. km.
- The people in Guwahati mostly uses Assamese language.
- The Guwahati city is also known as “Gateway to the Northeast India”.
- Guwahati Municipal Corporation is the urban local government in charge of administering, developing, and managing the city of Guwahati.
- Kamakhya Junction is the main railway station of the Guwahati city.
- Kamakhya Temple is the most famous historical place in the city of Guwahati.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Guwahati for the School Students
- Guwahati is capital of Assam located at 1901.7 Km from Delhi.
- The population of Guwahati city is 11.17 lakh with a population density of per sq. km.
- Guwahati city is divided into three different regions East Police District, Central Police District, and West Police District.
- The gender ratio in Guwahati city is around 930.6 per 1000 men.
- Rangoli Utsav, Ambubachi Mela are some of the famous religious festivals in Guwahati.
- Some of the famous tourism places in Guwahati are Umananda Temple, Kamakhya Temple, Assam State Museum, Umananda Island, Guwahati Zoo etc.
- Pragjyotishpura was the old name of the city of Guwahati.
- The famous dishes of Guwahati city are Thukpa, Chowmein, Khaar, Silkworms, Masor Tenga, Payash etc.
- Guwahati city has most prestigious educational universities and colleges like IIT, NEF etc.
- The national highway NH-27 passes through the city of Guwahati.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Guwahati for the Higher Class Students
- Guwahati is the capital city of Assam state located at maximum 55.5 m above the sea level.
- Guwahati is located near the Brahmaputra River’s banks.
- Guwahati has a pleasant and temperate climate.
- People from all across the state and region come to the city for a variety of reasons, the most common of which being education and employment.
- Women wear the Mekhela Chador, while men wear the Dhoti and Gamosa.
- One of the most famous religious festival in Guwahati is Durga puja.
- Guwahati is famous for its diverse cultural heritage and traditions.
- Guwahati has an 84.74 percent Hindu population, 12.45 percent Muslim, 0.93 percent Christian, 0.96 percent Jain, 0.36 percent Sikh, and 0.36 percent Buddhist population.
- Industries in Guwahati are refineries, petrochemical, chemical etc.
- Guwahati has international airport facility in borjhar which connects Guwahati to other states of India and other countries.
So Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you understand what I’ve said so far. As a conclusion, these are the 10 lines on Guwahati that we offered for three different categories of students, which will help you gain a basic understanding of Guwahati. This can be used for essay writing, project work, homework, speeches, and exam preparation.